An interview with a player

Dorothy Black gets tagged by player and gets him talking about women, his game and his wife.

‘So. You wanna get naked? :)’

It was 9 pm on a Thursday night and I’d just gotten out of the bath when my phone beeped through this message.

It was from Mr Player and I wasn’t at all surprised. He’d zeroed in a few weeks back and the flirt had started flatlining. It was clearly time to kick it up a level. I didn’t respond. He amuses me but I don’t do players, generally speaking. They’re different breed all on their own. Read more…

when tiger got ‘caught’ for being the lame-ass he is, trump made a comment that he should divorce his wife and embrace the life of a player — travelling the world, playing golf, partying and fucking like it’s December 2012

i mean, why the fuck not?

instead, he chose not to grow the balls the opportunity of being found out presented him and like some loser staged a well-rehearsed apology, went to therapy (under duress) and made a creepy Nike advert.

yawn.

i don’t care about tiger, or joost, or letterman (although kudos to him for how he handled it), or mr bullock or any of the other dumb nuts too pussy to ‘fess up to their choices.

i’m interested in WHY they feel they need to lie about it and whether we should all just come to grips with the fact that maybe, just maybe, we’re not meant for a life-time of monogamy.

and saying shit like – well you know, some animals like the swan mate for life, is just bs. to that i say, the average lifespan of a swan in the wild is 7 years.

s.e.v.e.n

most relationships can’t manage past seven months, let alone marriages of 20 or 50 years. those are rare and should be applauded. or looked at oddly.

is you is or is you aint my baby muthafucka (read in a Samuel L jackson accent)...

so unless you have the same brain capacity of a pretty bird with a foul temper you might need more to stimulate you than eating, sleeping, waddling, flying, swimming and fucking… (though, now that i type that out, that really does sound kinda fun and busy-making…)

anyway. they don’t have social media or iPhones.

so.

the fuck.

16 Comments:

1. @Holly,

freaky_indian
    May 11, 2010 at 11:54 am
  2. @Freaky_Indian Ja I feel you, you need to know where you stand and as females we do tend to overthink things. Thats what I did with this guy initially i over thought it. Which is something you should never do when it comes to a man. We shall see though, my FWB is keeping me company for now. ;)

Holly
    May 11, 2010 at 10:40 am
  3. One day, when I'm a grown up, I'm going to be a playa. Maybe.

livingladolcevita
    May 8, 2010 at 8:40 am
  4. dot, i have to ask(curse my need for fucking objectivity) – how is the need for the thrill of new conquests/thrill of the chase that "players" experience any different from a woman's need/requirement to want their partners constant attention?as im sure you heard,a lot of reasons iv heard in cases of hubby cheating is,he got bored/needed sex, and when wifey cheats, in my experience iv mostly heard:he didnt pay attention to me.which leads me to wonder about one of the comments on the article:is it a genetic imperative?our need to hit that?bcos, would we be players,if there weren't women who wanted that attention?and if it was just about sex between the two ie the women using the men as much as the men using them-just sex-no strings/expectations-just a wam bam thanks for coming-would the men qualify as "players" any more than the women? (Which essentially means would there be a need to label men players?)hmmm…

fatti
    May 7, 2010 at 12:53 pm
  5. @Holly

freaky_indian
    May 7, 2010 at 9:53 am
  6. I feel like i just got played, this guy wants to have his cake and eat it, I still want to shag him though, bad idea, good idea. I dont care I still want him. Players now how to make you feel sexy and to then take it all away and make you want more. True story. Love chemistry it makes for great shagging.

Holly Vegas
    May 6, 2010 at 4:49 pm
  7. @dorothy

freaky_indian
    May 6, 2010 at 12:44 pm
  8. awesome abe. had to say that. sounds like a kids cartoon about abraham lincoln's life: AWESOME ABE & THE INCREDIBLE MUSHROOM!

dorothy
    May 6, 2010 at 12:06 pm
  9. Howsit people!

Abe
    May 6, 2010 at 11:15 am
  10. Totally agree Dorothy, some ppl should have thier heads read tho… Why pressure someone into marraige knowing full well their partner is a player. Suckers for punishment… your 'reaction' or 'non reaction' to the player says "I don't want that, so don't ask me". Their eargerness for a commitment with anyone condones the players' behaviour (generalisation I know) but the majority of relationships around seem to be this way.

Lols
    May 6, 2010 at 10:30 am
  11. @fatti – you're so fucking spot on. seriously.

dorothy
    May 6, 2010 at 9:37 am
  12. Frankly it's about the chase and how many good shags you can get under the belt for guys. Chicks are maternal, reputation driven and have staying power, even after knowing the idiot's eating out, ordering in and having some home cooked meals.

Lols
    May 6, 2010 at 9:21 am
  13. the picture of that swan coupled with that caption has had me giggling for the last 10 mins

Sparky
    May 6, 2010 at 7:50 am
  14. DOT!Just had this convo last nite ova skype with my married cuz(i keep lookin ova my shoulder expecting 2 hear ur voice haha)-he was askin me, the most inexperienced G under the sun,on how to get a woman he likes @ his fav hangout in2 bed for some mad ugly bumpin, and my immediate response was: "i dont know man-if id have to guess,do the same thing you do with ur wife-make it all about her!even when she moves it to you,find an answer that makes it about her"-he was silent a moment,then remarked:"hmmm,i rarely make it about wifey.we're in a routine-im a man,and i just want more sex-but ima try that on the girl from the lounge"-i asked him: "why dont u try it with wifey, instead, or are u looking for new sex?" and he remarked: "no, just more! im a man,and i need to have sex man!" so i remarked: "you do realise,to someone else,ur wifey is new sex rite?" at which point he was silent for a long time,then mumbled something and kill'd the session. which led to me wonder:is it all about the physical act?or the chase?the thrill of being "accepted"?cos my cuz insists its just the sex,bt if he put in half the effort he dus in2 findin a quick lay in2 his marriage, i imagine he'd get laid everyday of the week!does our sexual satisfaction directly correlate to our ego?are players just constantly chasing that thrill? hmm..

fatti
    May 6, 2010 at 7:31 am
  15. i do. you're right. which reminds me of this AWESOME blog i'll put up on friday about liewe jesus

dorothy