A NSFW hello to Monday :: Vaginas of the world

tumblr_m8943hBd1g1qe0zcfo1_1280 copy
Vaginas. so many shapes, so many sizes. i can’t really say what inspired this particular NSFW. but i have written in my diary on this date: ‘VAGINA PICS. THAT IS ALL.’

don’t know when I wrote that. but who am i to argue.

so went on the hunt to find a nice site that would do something to depict women’s vaginas in all their lovely glory. without much too much fuss i found VaginasOfTheWorld.tumblr.

It is amazing how many women do not actually know what other vaginas look like or literally HATE what theirs looks like

ok before we continue. everyone CALM THE FUCK DOWN. we KNOW the difference between a vagina and vulva OK. but let’s call it poetic licence and be ok with it shall we?

right. so. vaginas.

it is amazing how many women do not actually know what other vaginas look like or literally HATE what theirs looks like. hate.

this is no small thing. i could rabbit on and on about women’s unhealthy and frankly depressingly sad views of their genitals, but i’d rather urge you to read what some say on the site. they leave comments with their pics and ask questions, while the author answers, leaves comments and allows non-posters (some men included) to leave comments on their thoughts about finding this site, among which is the ‘appropriateness’ of allowing teens to see this.

anyway. i found it super interesting, educational and probably one of the most helpful tumblrs around.

the author of VaginasOfTheWorld.tumblr says: ‘Many girls are uncomfortable with their vaginas, along with myself. So I thought there should be a place where we could embrace our vagina lips, big or small! And what better place than Tumblr? :D’

Read some other stuff:

10 Comments:

1. The vaginas of the world tumblr was just deleted. Do we know why?

Rachel
    November 15, 2013 at 6:53 am
  2. Hey dot. Doing some catching up on your site and fell upon this post with delight! Thank you so so much for sharing this! S

Scribe
    March 10, 2013 at 10:55 pm
  3. What an interesting thing to read on a random Tuesday!Must say I love the idea and have submitted mine to the great wall of vaginas! Thanks for the boost, really proud of mine lol!

Gae
    March 5, 2013 at 9:03 pm
    • glad you enjoyed it and posted your pic to the great wall x

dot
      March 5, 2013 at 9:11 pm
  4. i would personally like to whack my mum upside the head for having me call my genitals my ‘naughty place’ and giving me stick for touching it, nevermind playing with it. i mean, christfuck, can you say ‘negative sexual association’. no wonder i have issues.
    i still say, that the moment a young woman has her first period, she should be handed a handheld mirror, a bottle of lube, and a bullet vibe, and encouraged to use it.

adele
    March 5, 2013 at 12:33 pm
    • parents can wreck so much damage with their stupid fears and throwaway comments

dot
      March 5, 2013 at 9:10 pm
  5. This is so damned important. As a kid my cousin used to tease me because I looked different than she did. And that silly kind of thing sticks. More people need to look at this and see that we’re all so damned different.

Thanks for an important post. :)

cindy
    March 5, 2013 at 11:56 am
    • when i was 11 i had a friend who had bigger boobs than me. she was also a little older, like 14 or something. hers was the first of my friends to be older and bigger boobed and comfortable getting undressed infront of me. i thought that her boobs were bigger because she was older and was convinced that when i was her age my boobs would be as big. sadly this was not the case at any subsequent age.

dot
      March 5, 2013 at 9:10 pm
  6. Hey Dot. The comment thingie is fucked for mobile phones. Argh I feel seasick right now just trying to post this.

MrFancyFuck
    March 5, 2013 at 11:46 am
    • hey mr FF – yeah im busy updating the mobile version x

dot